Monday, April 21, 2008

Simply Soulful

There is a restaurant on Tennessee St named Simply Soulful. It is part of the Bethel Church next door. I had never been there, but always wanted to. So we took the family there yesterday. When we walked in we where met by a group of people who just broke out in to song. It was simply amazing. I just stood there at the front and smiled. The quality of the singers and the awesomeness of the song was just amazing. After the song they simply shuffled out and left.
I didn't really know what to make of it. It is a soul food restaurant, and it is connected to a church. Do they sing gospel on a regular basis? We got our food and sat down. I asked the waitress about the singers. Apparently they are a gospel group from down south who just stopped by for a bite.
Hearing such wonderful music really just made my day. I couldn't get it off my mind for the rest of the day. It's too bad they don't have something like that on a regular basis.
The food was great too. I got a chicken breast with corn souflee, rice and gravy, and a roll. It was all very delicious. I wish I had more money to make more regular visits. I'm definitely adding it to places to go out to eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment