Wednesday, September 17, 2008

A Good Day for Music

On Monday Athena was sick so picked her up from day care and take care of her for the day. Around noon she was feeling better and getting bored of sitting around the house so we went in to town. I stopped at Goodwill and looked through their record collection.
I ended up getting about four Peter, Paul & Mary albums, a Mamas and the Papas record, an Alice Cooper record, and The Very Best of the Lovin' Spoonful.
The Lovin' Spoonful record was really good. I really enjoyed it. When I went to put it away I noticed I had another album, The Best of the Lovin' Spoonful. This one was great too. So here I was with two albums, one I didn't even know I had, that I was pretty pumped about. Then in my Best of the Lovin' Spoonful album I notice a second record in there, its the first album by Moby Grape.
I had first heard of Moby Grape on NPR. I downloaded some of their music and really enjoyed it. I had never gotten around to actually buying an album. I had mentioned them to my mom and she said that she used to like Moby Grape back in the 70s, so I had picked up their "best of" album last week for her birthday.
Now here I am with their first album, and I had no idea I had it.
So Monday was a really good day for my music collection. Once I get some time I am going to rip the lot to my computer for easy digital listening.

No comments:

Post a Comment