Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Google getting crazy with their street view

My parents live out in the middle of absolutely nowhere on a river called the Sopchoppy River in the town of Sopchoppy. In the outskirts of this Sopchoppy town is a tiny road that they live down. I happened to notice that Google has taken their Stree View van and made a Street View of their road. I wonder if Google is seriously looking at having a street view of every street in the US. If they are doing this small country road out in the extremes of the boons, I can't imagine too many places they would consider to be too insignificant to cover.
Image from Google maps.

2 comments:

  1. This is crazy! How did they make it all the way to Sopchoppy when I don't even think MY house, in the middle of a LARGE CITY, is on Google yet! You can even see the holiday reindeer and deflated Santa in the front yard! Kinda cool, kinda creepy. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I live near Sopchoppy on the coast in a sparsely populated area and Google has taken pictures of every home in the area and tagged the street addresses.

    Go figure.

    ReplyDelete